Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jinkies!

Well, I am a little behind on the blogging so I'll make this one short and sweet.  I spent all week last week preparing for Halloween.  I've always loved Halloween, but this year I was extra excited!  Our theme, the Scooby Doo Gang!  We had Freddie, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby.  All we were missing was the Mystery Machine van.  So I get this idea (I've told you before about how I get this great ideas, fortunately it did not involve my grandma this time!) to make a Mystery Machine out of a cardboard box.  First problem, I didn't have a box.  So, my friend Gayle went scowering the town for a box on Friday morning (Trick or Treat was on Saturday).  She went to Walmart, Target, Staples, she even resorted to looking in dumpsters.  Finally, she found a box at one of the local kids' stores.  She brought it over around 11 AM and then it began..the transformation of this box into the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine.  I (with the help of Gayle and my husband Shane) spent all damn day painting, cutting, taping, and stretching because my back got soo stiff from sitting on the floor!  After it was all over (around 730PM) it was so AWESOME!  Take a look!


By the way, those headlight lit up...came in handy in the dark!




On Saturday the family got together for our annual soup dinner and Christmas name drawing before we all went out trick or treating.  Take a look at how the rest of our night went.  And I just have to say, Annabelle wins the award for best costume, Velma.  She was OH SO CUTE!










1 comment:

  1. Brittanie, I had a ball being your craft assist. You did a great job pulling the costume theme together. Love the pics. The family looks totally spot on for the cartoon. Whats our next project? ;)

    ReplyDelete