Saturday, December 11, 2010

Extreme Sugar High

So tonight was the night that we decided to make Christmas cookies.  This is the first year that Annabelle has participated, as last year, she was too young.  Of course, Addie was all about helping.  She dug her hands in the flour, rolled out the dough and of course used the cookies cutters to create the Christmas trees, stars, snowmen, ect.








I guess I just had too high of expectations for Annabelle.  I thought she would be all about getting in the flour and rolling the dough, but she wanted NO part of it.  Every time she got a tiny dot of flour on her she screamed!  She was way too busy shaking the jars of sprinkles and putting the food coloring in and out of the boxes. 





 On the otherhand, once the all the cookies were baked and cooled down, she did get somewhat excited about decorating.  She didn't really care for the icing, same thing as the flour, everytime it got on her she screamed...well that's until she figured out that if the icing got on her she could just eat it.  Then, it was okay!  But, she was ALL ABOUT the SPRINKLES!  She shook those containers to her hearts content.  And, if she would get too much  (which was on ALL of them), she would yell "WHOOO!"  





Tomorrow we are doing Christmas with my immediate family because my parents are leaving for a cruise next weekend which goes until after Christmas Day (I know, right?)  So, we may be on an EXTREME sugar high after all the icing and sprinkles on the cookies!  That's okay though.  I love starting these traditions with my girls...even if it means that my cookies are a little extra crunchy!

1 comment:

  1. Cherish these moments...they will keep you warm the rest of your life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete