Friday, December 24, 2010

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...

Addie and Belle both woke up last night vomiting.  So, Shane and I spent our Christmas Eve today bleaching and lysoling the house, keeping our fingers crossed that neither one of us will end up with it.  I am so anal about getting sick.  I swear I followed the girls around all day with handsanitizer and lysol.  Everytime they ate something I made them wash their hands afterwards.  Everytime they opened a door or touched the counter, I was behind them to spray with the lysol.  In fact, my hands are red and a little swollen from having them in bleach water for most of the day.  So needless to say, our Christmas Eve wasn't exactly relaxing and stress-free...until tonight.
Remember when you were a little kid on Christmas Eve and your parents told you it was bedtime.  You got all snuggled in your bed and just laid there, listening, and anticipating the morning.  There was no way you were going to sleep.
I feel the same way now, as a parent, but instead of anticipating Santa's arrival, I AM Santa!  I could not wait for my girls to go to bed tonight so I could drag all of their gifts out of the car (yes, they've been in the trunk of the car for the past month) and start wrapping and setting up their huge Christmas morning display.  In fact, I might be more excited to be Santa than to actually get gifts from Santa.  There is nothing better than on Christmas morning seeing your children's faces as they gauck at all the "stuff" Santa has brought them.
Although it is not always about receiving, and I had a very proud moment when I overheard Addie talking to Shane this morning.  Shane asked Addie, "Are you going to be upset if Santa doesn't bring you everything you asked for?"  Addie replied, "No."  Shane said, "That was a good answer."  Addie then looked at him and said, "Well, that's the spirit of Christmas, Dad."

Check out the girls' Christmas morning surprises!  I can't wait for them to get up already!







Even Chloe got in on the Christmas surprises!




Merry Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Brittanie.... What a blessing you have been to me this past year. You have a beautiful family and I am so happy you for you and Shane. Being a parent is the most precious gift God can give us. Enjoy every bump and joys along the way.

    ReplyDelete